This Facebook Commercial

6/3
The Facebook Ad I will Analyze: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4zd7X98eOs

Just recently I was watching tv for the first time in a while, and saw an ad for Facebook. After having Mr. Starace, and diving into commercials and analyzing marketing campaigns I can't seem to watch a commercial without applying something I learned, thanks.

In this ad however I see many things the most prominent for me is the expectation that we all have friends and use Facebook to reach them, as well as many implicit messages throughout the picture recaps. As well as the need for friendship, as it tells us Facebook makes us "feel a little less lonely."

This ad even took it as far as addressing everything that has been going wrong such as the spam and privacy invasion and all of that, saying it's going to change. It then changes the commercial to the same platform and music as the beginning of the ad to highlight that Facebook will return to making you feel as is you have friends, even if the reality is you don't.

Overall, nice ad Facebook; your marketing team outdid itself.

Comments