Persuasion through Looks?

4/29

I'm sure most of us procrastinate on the daily, the culprit I tend to blame is media. The most common for me, YouTube. On YouTube I spend my time surfing pointless Buzz-feed videos that seem to have no reason for existence, other than to entertain the common masses who have nothing else to do but watch absent-minded. Just today, I was going through these videos and somehow ended up on a video about the new Avenger's movie Infinity War and the actor of Spider-Man, Tom Holland, answering questions in a puppy interview (Can be found here for all those craving to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX9mF288Tb8). This made me think of the entertainment industry and the control big industries like Marvel have. For advertisements to promote their new movie they send out their actors, a key role in movies and choose for them to have interviews to draw people to want to watch the movie.
A key I believe in movies and their audience are the actors they choose. An upcoming celeb, I've noticed, can either "make it or break it" mainly determined by the movies they star in and a major factor for becoming chosen to be in a certain movie is based on looks. I bring this up, because I believe having cute actors broadens a movie's impact on audience. Having a cute actor to promote your movie not only brings in those that are actually interested in the movie but also those are that intrigued by the new actor. The new Spider-Man actor, I use mainly because he does attract a new audience, those that are attracted to his looks. In the end, I think a strategy that is working and commonly used by big movie industries is bringing in audience through the choice of their actors and frankly I'm not mad at it, it definitely makes me want to see the new Avengers movie.
Image result for tom holland

Comments